Sunday, December 21, 2008

Humming with JOY!

To be honest, it's been a wee bit tense here in the Headley home. My hero of a brother-in-law to the rescue! He braved ice and snow with my sister to serve as my personal IT manager since my computer stopped talking to my printer. And my scanner was giving everything with a USB drive the cold shoulder. AND my doorbell was broken. YAY, Carl! YAY! My techie tools are on better terms again. And I can hear my visitors at the door again.

And then, during a much-needed break, three tiny, quiet visitors arrived, lured back by my daily defrosting of their sugar water. And suddenly, the world seemed a better place again. I mean, the snow outside makes everything fresh. The kids are buzzing around me. And so are the bitty birds. Seeing them makes me want to take out the picture book I had written five years ago about hummingbirds.

Today I am thankful for a techie guru genius of a brother-in-law, Carl! Go, CARL!!!!!

3 comments:

Jackie Parker said...

YAY! Humming Birds! Yay! Awesome Brothers! Yay! Working technology!

I love the snow. I hate Seattle's snow "removal" policies. I now regard every trip as an adventure! I love adventures!

Little Willow said...

Hummingbirds are so beautiful. Delicate, tiny, and lovely.

BrendaGurung said...

Oh, Tina, would love to see your hummingbird book.

eXTReMe Tracker